POSITION: Engineering Technician – US Navy – PHALANX CIWS Support
LOCATION: Norfolk, VA aboard US Navy ships afloat and at sea (CONUS and OCONUS)
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position will provide U.S. Navy Combat Systems engineering and technical support and subject matter expertise to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 293. This position will perform the following tasks:
• Provide inspection and assessment support (TSRA, PIA, C5RA, ICMP, INSURV, etc.) for the PHALANX CIWS system.
• Provide testing and alignment support for the PHALANX CIWS system.
• Localize and repair faults in the PHALANX CIWS system.
• Provide daily oral and written reports and appropriate assessment evaluation forms to the assigned Technical Director and designated MARMC team leader. Provide completed Material Assessment Forms and Technical Assistance Visit report (TAVR) to Code 293 as required.
• A minimum of six (6) years full-time hands-on technical experience within last 15 years in the operation, maintenance, installation, test, and/or repair of U.S. Navy electrical/electronic systems/equipment incorporated in Combat, ASW, USW, MIW, or C4I systems.
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the preventive and corrective maintenance of the PHALANX CIWS.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a maintenance team, while performing engineering support services related to:
o Engineering Change Installations
o Technical Assists
o Systems Certification
o Material Condition Assessments
o System Installations
• Current First Aid/CPR certification from Red Cross or other nationally recognized organization (e.g., Red Cross).
• A valid unexpired U.S. Passport.
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Active DOD Secret
REQUIRED TRAVEL: Up to 10%
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability