POSITION: Engineering Technician - U.S. Navy - SPS-48 Search Radar
LOCATION: Norfolk, VA and aboard US Navy ships (CONUS and OCONUS)
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking a SPS-48 Search Radar Engineering Technician / SME to provide engineering and technical services for Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 285 to conduct engineering/technical evaluations, perform equipment functional checks, perform troubleshooting/test/analysis and equipment repair to correct AN/SPS-48E/G Search Radars, associated support systems, Radar Display & Distribution System (RADDS), operation, maintenance, installation and connectivity faults. The position also will provide Onboard Maintenance Training (OBMT) to Ship's Force technicians in the operation, repair, maintenance, and logistics support of listed systems, as well as support for shipboard Combat Systems tasks including (GROOM), (PIA), (C5RA), (TSRA), (ICMP), (INSURV) programs and (T/A) Tech Assist events.
Position is contingent upon award.
• A minimum of six (6) years experience in installation, testing, troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair of combat or C4I systems and equipment including a minimum of three (3) years specialized experience in troubleshooting, repair and in depth knowledge of AN/SPS-48 Radar System variants.
• Experience gained at a MOTU, FTSCLANT, MARMC, System ISEA is a plus.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Good communication and writing skills.
• A valid unexpired U.S. Passport
• Current First Aid/CPR certification from a nationally recognized organization (e.g., Red Cross)
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Active DOD SECRET
REQUIRED TRAVEL: Up to 10%
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability