SAIC is currently seeking a Microsoft SQL Database Administrator with experience in SharePoint 2013/2016.
The Microsoft SQL Database Administrator is part of a team that manages a large SharePoint environment for the U. S. Army. Experience with all types of SharePoint databases, including content, search, and service applications, and custom databases is preferred.
Demonstrate SQL Server subject matter expertise including:
- Analyzing, designing, and development of custom solutions supporting a large DoD SharePoint environment, based on customer mission and business requirements.
- Analyzing, designing, and development of custom Business Intelligence solutions utilizing SQL Server Analysis and Reporting Services, integrated with SharePoint.
- Development of architectural designs, test plans and SOP documents to ensure compliance with specifications or standards.
- Performing SQL Server and database STIG implementation, testing, and other vulnerability remediation
- Performing SQL Server and activities supporting RMF related documentation.
- Coordinating activities with the Infrastructure and Development Teams to ensure effective and efficient database design and troubleshoot incidents.
- Setup and supporting Microsoft SQL Server with Reporting Services and Business Intelligence.
- Configuration and support of SQL Server failover Clusters and performing SQL Server database backups/restores, and managing database encryption.
- Writing PowerShell and SQL scripts as needed to resolve problems and maintain recoverable database posture to ensure data availability and integrity.
- Development and maintenance of PowerShell scripts.
As part of a team, duties include:
- Participating in the weekly rotation of maintenance window support to include SharePoint, IIS, and SQL Server patches
- Responsible for multiple server environments. This will include the architecture, security, administration, project, and client needs. The position will install new software releases, perform system upgrades, install and evaluate new patches, and resolve software related problems.
- BS Degree in engineering, IT, or related field and 5 or more years of relevant work experience OR a Master's and 3 or a PhD and zero.
- DoD IAT Level II Certification
- IAT Level II certification (Security + CE)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- At least one Microsoft Certification (MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, MCSA, or MCSE) is required
Technical Skill Requirements:
- SharePoint 2013 or 2016 is preferred
- SharePoint Infrastructure/System Administration is preferred
- Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, and Windows Server 2012 or above
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability