POSITION: Electronics Technician – US Navy - SPS-49 Air Search Radar
LOCATION: Norfolk, VA and aboard US Navy ships (CONUS and OCONUS)
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking experienced USN SPS-49 Air Search Electronics Technicians to provide U.S. Navy Combat Systems engineering and technical support and subject matter expertise to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 285. The candidates will conduct engineering/technical evaluations, perform equipment functional checks, perform troubleshooting/test/analysis, operation, maintenance, installation, diagnose connectivity faults and equipment repair to the shipboard SPS-49 radar (all variants).
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Provide Onboard Maintenance Training (OBMT) to Ship's Force technicians in the operation, repair, maintenance, and logistics support of listed systems.
• Provide support for shipboard Combat Systems tasks including (GROOM), (PIA), (C5RA), (TSRA), (ICMP), (INSURV) programs and (T/A) Tech Assist events.
• Assist Ship's Force technicians and government personnel at assigned locations to analyze and resolve malfunctions detected during equipment operation and test.
• Analyze equipment review and inspection data to determine source of fault, and recommend repair, replacement or other corrective action.
• Suggest equipment engineering changes toward improving quality and reliability and to facilitate installation, maintenance and repair.
• Report findings/discrepancies as required to the MARMC technical leads via TAAS, Maintenance Action Forms, written / electronic de-brief and/or write a Technical Assistance Visit Report (TAVR).
Position is contingent upon award.
• A minimum of (6) years of experience in the last 10 in installation, testing, troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair of combat or C4I systems and equipment including a minimum of three (3) years experience in troubleshooting and repair of the following equipment: Shipboard Air Search Radar - SPS-49 radar (all variants). Experience may be concurrent with 6 years above.
• A valid unexpired U.S. Passport.
• Current First Aid/CPR certification from Red Cross or other nationally recognized organization (e.g., Red Cross).
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Active DoD SECRET
REQUIRED TRAVEL: Up to 10%
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability