POSITION: Engineering Technician – US Navy – NSSMS/TAS
LOCATION: Norfolk, VA aboard US Navy ships afloat and at sea (CONUS and OCONUS)
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position will provide U.S. Navy Combat Systems engineering and technical support and subject matter expertise to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 293. The position will to perform the following:
• Provide inspection and assessment support (TSRA, PIA, C5RA, ICMP, INSURV, etc.) for the NATO SEASPARROW MISSILE SYSTEM (NSSMS, RE-ARCHITECTURED NATO SEASPARROW MISSILE SYSTEM (RNSSMS) and TARGET ACQUISITION SYSTEM (TAS).
• Provide testing and alignment support for the NSSMS, RNSSMS and TAS.
• Localize and repair faults in the NSSMS, RNSSMS and TAS.
• Provide daily oral and written reports and appropriate assessment evaluation forms to the assigned Technical Director and designated MARMC team leader. Provide completed Material Assessment Forms and Technical Assistance Visit reports (TAVR).
Position is contingent upon award.
A minimum of six (6) years full-time hands-on technical experience within last 15 years in the operation, maintenance, installation, test, and/or repair of electrical/electronic systems/equipment incorporated in Combat, ASW, USW, MIW, or C4I systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A minimum of three (3) years full-time engineering and hands-on experience within the last 10 years with (R)NSSMS/TAS system and related equipment.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the troubleshooting and maintenance of the legacy NSSMS,
• A minimum of four (4) years of experience in the troubleshooting and maintenance of the RNSSMS, and
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the troubleshooting and maintenance of the TAS.
• Current First Aid/CPR certification from Red Cross or other nationally recognized organization (e.g., Red Cross).
• A valid unexpired U.S. Passport.
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Active DOD Secret
REQUIRED TRAVEL: Up to 10%
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability