Job ID: 196361
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Specialty Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Perform quality engineering tasks to support the customer, US Air Force Space and Missile Center (SMC) Launch Enterprise (LE), on the Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) program through a Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) contract. The position involves assessing manufacturing and production capabilities of launch vehicle contractors (LVCs) for Department of Defense (DoD) National Security Space (NSS) missions. The work will provide reviews of manufacturing, production, and quality processes as a member of the pedigree team for pedigreed parts IAW pedigree guidance documentation (e.g., EELV Atlas V Pedigree Review Guidelines, Delta Hardware Pedigree Handbook, internal documentation). Work will be generally be performed at the launch vehicle manufacturers facility.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
· Assess completed production documentation and records in hardware pedigree reviews
· Audit manufacturing and support processes; generate audit plans and checklists using applicable industry standards and company procedures, and write audit reports
· Evaluate contractors' quality management systems per SMC-S-003 and SAE AS9100
· Analyze production operations to include identifying key process parameters and monitoring associated metrics
· Assess LVC purchasing requirements and supplier controls
· Investigate hardware manufacturing issues and risks
· Assess LVC's analyses of cause and corrective action for process non-conformities
· Perform statistical analyses including determining statistical process control and capability
· The candidate shall communicate results of these tasks through written reports, email, and oral presentations
Requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering or other technical discipline.
· Requires minimum 5 years of experience in manufacture of complex products, and application of modern quality principles and methods including: quality management system standards (AS9100 series), product and process controls, manufacturing planning, measurement and test, audits, statistical applications, corrective and preventive actions, and lean manufacturing.
· ASQ certifications are highly desirable.
· Requires a strong ability to elicit, articulate, and document information in a well-organized manner. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills are essential to develop and maintain trusted relationships across a diverse community of civilian, military, and contractor personnel.
· Must operate both independently and as part of a multi-discipline/multi-organizational team.
· Candidate must have proficient computer skills to include MS Office and Share Point products for presentation and report production.
· Requires a current SECRET security clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability