POSITION: Engineering Technician - UHF SATCOM OE-82 System
LOCATION: Norfolk, VA and aboard US Navy ships ashore and at sea
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking a PCMS qualified Engineering Technician to provide engineering and technical support for Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 283, in support of UHF SATCOM OE-82 Series above deck equipment condition based refurbishment on various U.S. Navy ships. The technician will provide the technical and on-the-ground project leadership to conduct a condition-based refurbishment of the OE-82 SERIES above deck equipment installed on various U.S. Navy ships.
Position is contingent upon award.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: A minimum of six (6) years full-time hands-on technical experience within last 15 years in the operation, maintenance, installation, test, and/or repair of electrical/electronic systems/equipment incorporated in Combat, ASW, USW, MIW, or C4I systems.
REQUIRED SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three (3) years full-time engineering experience within the last 10 years in Combat systems, ASW, USW, MIW, or C4I in a hands-on or supervisory capacity over technicians operating and maintaining Combat, ASW, USW, MIW, or C4I systems such as the OE-82 Antenna System. Supervisory capacity includes: Team leader performing engineering support services such as:
• engineering change installations
• technical assists
• systems certifications
• material condition assessments
• systems installations
• Knowledge of applicable NAVSEA instructions and procedures and ability to conduct refurbishment of the OE-82 Antenna Systems and perform the work in accordance with technical documentation such as the Technical Manual NAVELEX 0967-LP-614-0040 OVERHAUL AND REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS ANTENNA GROUP OE-82C/WSC-1(V) and UHF SATCOM Antenna (AS-3018) Azimuth Bearing Refurbishment Procedure (EATP 17-0061).
• Ability to lead a team of other technicians while meeting project schedules and costs.
• Ability to express technical findings and other work-related documentation in writing, in general and in accordance with other U.S. Navy documentation and reporting requirements.
• Possess a valid unexpired U.S. Passport.
• Possess a valid unexpired First Aid/CPR certification from an accredited institution (e.g., Red Cross)
• Possess an active DoD SECRET clearance.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: CONUS and OCONUS up to 10%.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability