SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Technical Writer I to support a military contract in Crane, IN. This position is contingent on contract award.
The Technical Writer will prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documentation that incorporates information and data from Program Office, customer, end user, project leads, SMEs, and ISEAs.
- Developing high-quality documentation with minimal guidance that is coherent and easy to follow, as well as complies with corresponding standard, style guide, and/or directive and meets the customers and end user’s needs. Documentation includes but is not limited to, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), user guides, test reports, work instructions, and presentations.
- Researching, collecting, analyzing, organizing, and preparing technical information and data for desktop publishing staff to generate drafts.
- Developing diagrams, charts, and graphs to enhance and increase the end user’s understanding.
- Manipulating graphics, charts, diagrams, etc. to be included in documentation.
- Editing and reviewing rough drafts for format, clarity, and adherence to editorial and government specifications.
- Performing duties as the alternate Document Control Custodian (DCC), which include issuing document control numbers, maintaining document control register, and routing documents for review/approval.
- Scheduling, attending, and participating in project meetings, as well as validation/verifications.
- Tracking documentation for developing, planning, and scheduling purposes.
- Collaborating with SMEs to ensure technical content is accurate, easy to understand, and consistent.
- Immediately communicating obstacles or issues to leadership.
- Interfacing with logisticians, SMEs/ISEAs, and customer.
- Maintaining records.
- Recording and distributing meeting minutes.
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in a related discipline and 2+ years of related experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Proficient in desktop publishing with abilities to create and update tables, to manipulate graphics and drawings, to create and update flow charts, and to format/layout text.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively collaborate with a variety of teams and interested parties.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, demonstrating initiative and organization.
- Proficient in multiple word processing and presentation tools such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multitask and work with strict deadlines/timeframes.
- Capable of managing several different tasks from various requestors.
- Capable of understanding, interpreting, and synthesizing engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with ISEAs and SMEs, and other available sources.
- Possess attention to detail and ability to edit documents for technical accuracy.
- Ability to make recommendations and answer questions to customers.
- Work overtime at approximately 20%.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new software.
- Experience with DOD industry.
- Experience with Adobe products to include: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Dreamweaver.
- Experience with Microsoft products to include: Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with various MIL-STDs and GPO Style Manual.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability