** Bonus (Hiring/Relocation) available for Qualified Candidates with Active TS/SCI clearances **
** This position is located in San Diego, CA **
SAIC is looking for Senior Systems Engineer (SE) with a TS/SCI clearance who would be responsible to assist with the implementation of the SE functions and tasks for various Programs of Record within the Program Executive Office; Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I).
· Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
· Conduct SE activities based on sound engineering practices
· Elicit and refine customer requirements
· Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
· Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
· Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
· Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
· Demonstrated application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
· Contributed to development of new principles and concepts.
· Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
Required Education and Experience:
• Degree in electrical engineering, physics, or mathematics with a strong foundation in signal processing and five (5) years or more of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more of related experience
• Applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree and includes one or all of the following: Analog and digital RF system requirements development, RF propagation modeling, Communications, EW, or SIGINT systems design
• Background in calculation, modeling, and testing of RF systems and component performance characteristics
• Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders; government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
Desired Skills and Certifications:
• Understanding of Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I) and Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) with prior experience with Naval Systems or Programs
• Experience in design of digital signals exploitation algorithms, electronic warfare or signals intelligence operations
• Prior relevant military or federal government experience
• INCOSE certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability