** Bonus (Hiring/Relocation) available for Qualified Candidates with Active TS/SCI clearances **
** This position is located in San Diego, CA **
SAIC is looking for Senior Systems Engineer (SE) with a TS/SCI clearance who would be responsible to assist with the implementation of the SE functions and tasks for various Programs of Record within the Program Executive Office; Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I).
· Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
· Conduct SE activities based on sound engineering practices
· Elicit and refine customer requirements
· Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
· Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
· Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
· Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
· Demonstrated application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
· Contributed to development of new principles and concepts.
· Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
Required Education and Experience:
• Degree in electrical engineering, physics, or mathematics with a strong foundation in signal processing and five (5) years or more of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more of related experience
• Applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree and includes one or all of the following: Analog and digital RF system requirements development, RF propagation modeling, Communications, EW, or SIGINT systems design
• Background in calculation, modeling, and testing of RF systems and component performance characteristics
• Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders; government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
Desired Skills and Certifications:
• Understanding of Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I) and Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) with prior experience with Naval Systems or Programs
• Experience in design of digital signals exploitation algorithms, electronic warfare or signals intelligence operations
• Prior relevant military or federal government experience
• INCOSE certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability