SAIC has an opportunity for a System Administrator in Anniston, AL!
The System Administrator will provide server, system and application administration, maintenance and configuration of the Center for Domestic Preparedness' (CDP's) predominantly Microsoft Windows server based domain of networked servers, desktop computers and data infrastructure. They will also perform Active Directory, Group Policy Management and server security patching and backup duties.
- Execute monthly Microsoft security patching tasks according to CDP's server patching policy.
- Perform server and database backup and maintenance tasks utilizing Symantec Backup Exec or other CDP specified back and maintenance tool(s).
- Plan for and install original or new releases of existing software for server management purposes.
- Analyze, isolate, and resolve server issues using troubleshooting techniques and diagnostic test equipment/software.
- Coordinate with vendors and vendor support as needed to gain troubleshooting assistance with software and hardware as needed.
- Use change management software to request configuration changes and report completion. Update configuration manuals for specified server if applicable. Provide solution to work order/help desk ticketing system and close work order when applicable.
- Coordinate with CDP federal IT staff, end users, stakeholders and coworkers to prioritize tasks and assignments.
- Track performance against contract Quality Control Plan metrics.
- Experience Relevant to the PWS
- Design, document, build, maintain and secure CDP's domain Microsoft Active Directory network of computers and data.
- Administer Active Directory, network shares, and folders.
- Perform daily administrative and frontline Tier 3 support duties including server operations, user administration and troubleshooting of service requests.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot client applications.
- Design and maintain a system backup and recovery plan.
Qualifications Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Information Technology or related discipline and two (2) or more years experience; Associates in Information Technology or related discipline and four (4) or more years experience; Experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
Preferred Experience, Certifications, & Abilities
3+ years proven working experience in Microsoft Windows Server administration
MCSA or MCSE certification
Must be able to work flexible schedule of overtime extended hours and weekends when required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability