Job ID: 195689
Location: HONOLULU, HI, United States
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2020
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is looking for a PACAF Special Access Programs Logistics Lead to provide the functional support required to fulfill this task order as described in the following subtasks below:
- Serve as technical focal point for supporting logistics integration at PACAF (JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI) for SAPs
- Provide advice and assistance in the areas of concept of operations development, logistics requirements, and operational support planning
- Regularly interface with the Joint Staff, Air Staff, MAJCOMs, NAFs, OSD, and other Government organizations when performing duties associated with PACAF
- Provide advice and assistance to leadership in budget planning and programming, test and validation of support equipment, and technical data
- Provide guidance on handling and transportation activities including rapid and secure movement of critical assets for test, training, and combat operations
- Support the CAF as PACAF logistics lead with site activation working groups, identification and disposition of munitions, service life limitations, and inventory recommendations
- Plan, coordinate, and attend PACAF functions and conferences – approximately twenty (20) per year
- Represent PACAF personnel at CAF requirements meeting and other SAP planning meetings
- Position requires up to 40% travel to CONUS/OCONUS areas
Controls the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. May also plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of material. Develops scheduling requirements and plans and manages material movement. Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic processes. Logistics functions encompass maintenance, supply, transportation and logistics plans. Inherently included as logistics tasks are program formulation, policy planning, coordination, inspection, integrated logistics processes, joint planning logistics, acquisition and logistics, product support, asset visibility, material management and supervision. Participates in development of advanced concepts, techniques, and standards. Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories. Viewed as expert in field within the corporation. Establishes operational objectives and assignments. Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success of operation.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Participates in development of solutions to problems of unusually complex which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation. Challenges are often unique and solutions may serve precedent for future decisions.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Virtually self-supervisory.
IMPACT: Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in failure to achieve goals critical to the major objectives of the organization. LIASON: Serves as prime consultant and external spokesperson for the organization on highly significant matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities, and long-range goals and objectives.
Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years of experience. In Lieu of degree nineteen plus (19) years of experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities.
- Level 2 Acquisition Logistics Certificate from Defense Acquisition University
- Four (4) years of SAP experience required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability