SAIC is seeking qualified individuals to support the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) with training and engagement of the TSA workforce for Specialized Security Training (SST). SAIC will provide a full array of training and training related support services needed to accomplish TSA's evolving mission including Curriculum Development; Threat Mitigation, Imaging, and Engineering (TME&I); and program management, integration, and logistics.
The Training Manager provides curriculum development support to ensure the successful implementation and maintenance of Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) technical training program.
Curriculum development for this program focuses on the development and maintenance of basic, advanced and recurrent technical training to enable the Transportation Safety Officers (TSOs), Transportation Security Inspectors (TSIs), and other members of the TSA workforce to perform their duties in executing the agency's counterterrorism mission in the commercial aviation domain. It also conducts training in procedures and technologies required for proper execution of defined standard operating procedures (SOPs), and provides cost savings and best practices for curriculum development (e.g. usage of simulation, cloud systems, e-learning classes).
This program requires the development of training curricula and associated materials (e.g. job aids, instructor-led training, web-based and computer based training modules) to enhance the ability of the security screening workforce at various locations throughout the nation. The curriculum development projects for this program include but are not limited to New Hire (Basic Officer), Emerging Technologies, Regulatory, Specialized Security, Intermodal, Management Technical Training (e.g. FSD/Operations Leadership, STSO, LTSO, etc.), image library, T3, and recurrent that could be web-based or computer-based.
Management of the curriculum developers who evaluate, analyze, design, develop, implement and manage training products and services in support of this program. Curriculum developers create and revise existing lesson plans to meet emergent and new training requirements and keep technical information current. Has responsibility for training design and development aligned to specific, predetermined training objectives, as well as planning for training delivery to a cost-effective product for the government.
The Training Manager ensures the inclusion of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout the curriculum development process to ensure technical accuracy of all products.
The position covers curriculum develop and support for all areas including but not limited to:
- Emerging Technologies (screen equipment technologies
- Train-the Trainer (T3/T4 Programs)
- Regulatory Training Program
- On-Screen Alarm Resolution Protocol (OSARP)
- Web Based Training (WBT)/Computer Based Training (CBT)/Interactive Multi-Media (IMI) Blended Solutions
Curriculum Analysis, Design, and Development support will include but are not limited to the following training methods/strategies:
- Web Based Training (WBT)
- Computer Based Training (CBT)
- Practical Skills Demonstrations
- On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS); Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS)/Training Products
- Train-the-Trainer (T3)
- Job Aids/Kits and Images
- Security Training Kits and Boards
- Other innovative training methodologies that include but are not limited to mobile learning and social media
- Pilots and/or Operation Tryouts
Responsible to provide training aids development and maintenance support in the following areas:
- Program Operations and Logistical Support
- Program Management and Systems Integration
- Curriculum Analysis, Design, Development, Delivery/Instruction and Maintenance
- Simulation Software
- Image Development & Image Library
- Threat Training Kits
- Weapons Training Kit
- Modular Bomb Set Training Kit
- TSWG Explosives Simulant Training Kit
- Liquid Explosives Training Kit
- Practical Skill Evaluation Test Kit
- Improvised Explosives Device Display Board
Required Education and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. in education and/or a bachelors in a learning technologies development or related disciplines and ten (10) years or more of related experience.
- 5 years of experience managing projects, programmers and designers, interfacing with clients and planning project timelines.
- Experience using TSA's Learning Management System (LMS)
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time
- Knowledge of:
- Office of Training and Workforce Engagement (OTWE) Training Development Standards Guide
- Curriculum Lifecycle Reference Guide
- GAO's Guide for Assessing Strategic Training and Development Efforts in the Federal Government
- TSA SSI guidelines
- Instructional Systems Development (ISD) process
- Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) model
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability