Jr. Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 196214
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 21, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a need for a Junior-Level Radio Frequency Engineer to provide engineering support at Systems Simulation Software and Integration (S3I) to support testing in a reconfigurable Avionics System Integration Laboratory (ASIL).
- This position will require the selected candidate to be able to incorporate continuous and pulsed RF signals through antennas, connector, cables and processors in the arena of GPS navigation, transponder and Identification Friend or Foe (IFF).
- The laboratory seeks to replicate in laboratory rack mounted form the equivalent functionality that is found in several aircraft series used in the Special Electronic Mission Aircraft (SEMA) fleet.
- The FW ASIL includes aircraft bus 1553 and ARINC 429 channels that may be monitored simultaneously with the RF signal. Direct experience with army aviation equipment considered a plus.
- Conduct research and recommend for provisioning suitable RF cable and connectors that will interconnect subsystems. This shall include additional test equipment if so needed
- Operate laboratory equipment in the manner of waveform analysis for timing and distortion of signal and use laboratory equipment to inject replicated signals
- Conduct signal analysis for signal strength and integrity, waveform distortion and bandpass limitation or signal throughput using spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes and signal generators
- Interface with diverse government agencies in the manners of frequency allocation, approval and certification for airspace and signal management. Signal delay from the RF subsystems would be an important data product
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
- Proficient in the MS Office series of products of Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Visio
- Experience writing technical reports
- Capable of working independently without continuous oversight after receiving initial training
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work across geographically diverse groups
- Estimated Travel: <10%
- Clearance: Secret clearance is required to perform this work.
- Experience or studies related to navigation, identification or communication
- Experience working with Labview
- Academic or work experience directly related to aircraft wiring
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability