SAIC is seeking qualified individuals to support the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) with training and engagement of the TSA workforce for Specialized Security Training (SST). SAIC will provide a full array of training and training related support services needed to accomplish TSA's evolving mission including Curriculum Development; Threat Mitigation, Imaging, and Engineering (TME&I); and program management, integration, and logistics.
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for the Training Support Center logistics and delivery and will oversee the Area Operations Coordinators (AOCs) in support of customer training events.
Primary responsibilities will include management and oversight of:
- Activities associated with all training activities including but not limited to:
- Processing training requests received via the web-based Training Support Request Form, TM phone calls, as well as support and coordinate Technical Direction from TSA/OTWE.
- Determining training needs including basic qualifications for course, student-instructor ratio, number of classes to train desired number of TSOs, operational impact, equipment/materials needs.
- Coordinating training schedule to meet needs and local requirements of airports.
- Processing equipment/materials needed for contractor support classes.
- Coordinating training event information with instructor(s)
- Coordinating instructor contact during training event, including arrival, setup activities, site/student/instructor incidents, and serious incident reports
- Completing site visits (Training Managers, Instructors, and Contract Training Location Surveys)
- Completing reports and document maintenance
- Conducting Process Improvement initiatives based on SST requirements
The Senior Operations Manager will coordinate AOCs to ensure the AOCs
- Provide planning and forecasting services in support of new equipment installations.
- Provide services in support of emerging/new technology training deployment.
- Support TSA with Emerging/New Technology Training deployment including but not limited to :
- Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT)
- Automated Target Recognition (ATR)
- Advanced Technology 2 ([email protected])
- Credential Authentication Technology Boarding Pass Screening System (CATBPSS)
- Participate in each airport-specific weekly Deployment IPT conference call for their assigned regions.
- Provide support to each airport Training Manager/Specialist prior to starting training in order to prepare them for their deployment.
- Coordinate training activities with airport Training Manager/Training Specialist in their assigned regions to include Assisting in scheduling shipments of training materials and simulators to coincide with training start date
- Confirm and coordinating logistics for any instructor or SME support being provided to the airport
- Advise the Training Manager/Training Specialist regarding training curriculum and delivery.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the equipment, training materials
- Understand TSA's training deployment strategy and maintain knowledge in the current applicable SOPs and training.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience.
- 5 years of experience managing projects, programmers and designers, interfacing with clients and planning project timelines.
- Prior experience with DHS or TSA is a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability