SOCS SATCOM Network Support - Engineering Tech 4 (Maintenance Manager)
Job ID: 196265
Location: FORT BRAGG, NC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2019
Category: Wage Determination (SCA)
Subcategory: Service Contract Act
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a contingent opportunity for an Engineering Tech to support the SOCS SATCOM Network Support work at Fort. Bragg. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Integrates DoD Satellite Communications equipment.
- Supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Collects, maintains, organizes, compiles, and manipulates technical data.
- Prepares engineering documentation, reports, drawings (sketches/flow charts/diagrams/schematics, etc.).
- Performs mathematical calculations per engineering specifications.
- Undertakes analyses of data where guidelines are provided.
- Associate's Degree in Electronics, Engineering Technology, Information Technology or Communications.
- Twelve (12) years of practical experience in C5ISR systems.
- Six (6) years of experience, to include: installation of such equipment.
- Two (2) years of experience, to include: design, preparation and modification of engineering documents, and drawings.
- Six (6) years of experience in RF communications and/or communications networks disciplines, of which 3 must have been performed within the last 5 years. Note: Experience may be concurrent.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance at a minimum
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability