SOCS SATCOM Network Support - Logistician 4 (Configuration Manager)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 196261
Location: FORT BRAGG, NC, United States
Date Posted: Apr 23, 2020
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Logistician to support the SOCS SATCOM Network Support contract at Fort Bragg, NC.
- Performs system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems.
- Controls the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements.
- May also plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
- Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic processes.
- Logistics functions encompass maintenance, supply, transportation and logistics plans.
- Inherently included as logistics tasks are program formulation, policy planning, coordination, inspection, integrated logistics processes, joint planning logistics, acquisition and wholesale logistics, product support, asset visibility, material management and supervision
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional Logistics Certification – i.e., Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certified in Lifecycle [Acquisition] Logistics Level 2, or have equivalent logistics training (resume to specify all equivalent training), or possess an additional three (3) years working in direct support of defense life-cycle logistics.
- Ten (10) years of experience in defense life-cycle (acquisition) logistics support (or 13 years if not DAWIA Level 2 certified) of electronic systems, to include: logistics management, principles, practices, and processes.
- Six (6) years of experience in support of C4ISR systems.
- Demonstrated management skills, to include: Analyzing Contracts, Analyzing System Design Specifications, Analyzing Engineering/Systems Management Data, Developing Logistics Plans and Procedures, and Developing Logistics Management Plans and Guidelines.
- Experience supervising Logistics Specialists.
- Note: Experience may be concurrent.
- Must have a TS/SCI or ability to obtain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability