SOCS SATCOM Network Support SME 5 (Field Service Representative)
Job ID: 196259
Location: FORT BRAGG, NC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Svcs
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Network Support SME / Field Service Representative to support SOCS SATCOM work in Fort Bragg, NC. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Provide functional and Technical Support to the Special Operations Communications Systems (SOCS) SPAWAR Atlantic IPT on CSS SATCOM Ku-band auto- acquire satellite terminals, Combat Service Support Very Small Aperture Terminals (CSS VSATs) and other WIN-T sub systems.
- Operate satellite communications packages and be able to conduct network operation utilizing the technology.
- Understand, deploy, and maintain satellite communication technologies for forward exploitation network architecture.
- Provide on- demand expertise for SATCOM troubleshooting in the Laboratory and forward, as required.
- Provide Onsite Briefings for unit personnel.
- Provide technical and tactical support and oversite for all WIN-T users.
- Perform Technical Troubleshooting.
- Create customized training events to the individual units specifications to include current equipment and capabilities, the new equipment to be integrated and the upgrades in capabilities.
- Provide classroom theory instruction and over the shoulder practical field training on SATCOM CSS-VSAT systems and sub systems.
- Maintain and update an electronic database of common procedural issues and solutions or quick fixes to known issues.
- Capture and File Electronic Trouble Reports and Software Change Requests.
- Assist in Implementing New WIN-T Subsystems.
- Report Data Quality Issues to Unit Personnel. Support Remote Deployments.
- Short duration travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Coordinate Hardware/Software Replacements and Upgrades.
- Assist in Fielding New Hardware. Assist in Fielding New Software Versions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical Training in DoD C5ISR systems.
- Fifteen (15) years of hands-on experience with Joint Warfighter C4ISR, to include three (3) of the following four (4) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training. Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in Joint Warfighter C4ISR systems.
- Must have a TS/SCI or be able to obtain a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability