SOCS SATCOM Network Support - SME 3 (Field Service Representative)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 196258
Location: FORT BRAGG, NC, United States
Date Posted: Apr 23, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Svcs
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Network Support SME/ Field Service Representative to support SOCS SATCOM work at Fort Bragg, NC. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Provide functional and Technical Support to the Special Operations Communications Systems (SOCS) SPAWAR Atlantic IPT on CSS SATCOM Ku-band auto- acquire satellite terminals, Combat Service Support Very Small Aperture Terminals in Ka-Band; X-Band; and C-Band (CSS VSATs) as well as other WIN-T sub systems.
- Operate satellite communications packages and be able to conduct network operation utilizing the technology.
- Understand, deploy, and maintain satellite communication technologies for forward exploitation network architecture.
- Provide on- demand expertise for SATCOM troubleshooting in the Laboratory and forward, as required.
- Provide Onsite Briefings for unit personnel.
- Provide technical and tactical support and oversite for all WIN-T users.
- Create customized training events to the individual units specifications to include current equipment and capabilities, the new equipment to be integrated and the upgrades in capabilities.
- Provide classroom theory instruction and over the shoulder practical field training on SATCOM CSS-VSAT systems and sub systems.
- Maintain and update an electronic database of common procedural issues and solutions or quick fixes to known issues.
- Capture and File Electronic Trouble Reports and Software Change Requests.
- Assist in Implementing New WIN-T Subsystems.
- Report Data Quality Issues to Unit Personnel.
- Support Remote Deployments.
- Short duration travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Coordinate Hardware/Software Replacements and Upgrades.
- Assist in Fielding New Hardware.
- Assist in Fielding New Software Versions.
- Maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge and skills required to execute all field service Technician tasks assigned
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical Training in DoD C5ISR systems.
- Twelve (12) years of hands-on experience with Joint Warfighter C4ISR, to include three (3) of the following four (4) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training. Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in Joint Warfighter C4ISR systems.
- Bachelors degree from accredited institution or four years of experience in lieu of degree, plus one or more years of experience.
- Proficient in instruction on the installation, operation and employment FM, AM, VHF, UHF, SHF radio communications.
- Specific technical areas must include working knowledge of DISA DISN network services, architecture, configuration, certification processes and procedures, CISCO, LAN/WAN, fiber, POTs and NSA approved encryption devices (TACLANE, KIV, KG, Cylink) equipment suite programming, deployment, and integration.
- Working knowledge of SDN versions.
- Ability to establish and maintain communication and technical infrastructure in Joint Operations Center (JOC) facilities, or facilities utilized during execution of exercises.
- Ability to carry communications equipment up to 70 lbs.
- Experience deploying and maintaining various types of military tactical radio systems, video teleconferencing and tactical antennas.
- Operational knowledge of cryptographic devises in include use, storage, and destruction.
- Demonstrated expertise in oral and written communications to explain communication network and requirements.
Must have a TS/SCI or be able to obtain a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability