SAIC is seeking an RF/RADAR Engineer with experience
in executing programs associated with laboratory and field measurements of
foreign RF missile systems.
- Projects and
activities include- Foreign materiel exploitation, laboratory testing of threat
systems or system components, operational field testing of threat systems or
system components, automated data acquisition with laboratory instruments and
data acquisition systems, data reduction and analysis, and laboratory design,
development and operation.
- Participate in the design and
analysis of passive and active RF components such as transmission lines,
antennas, filters, buffers and matching circuits.
- Calculate RF path losses/gains
and space losses, convert RF units of measure, and troubleshoot and repair in-field
- U.S. citizen and must possess Secret and be able
to obtain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with SCI and be able to pass a counter-intelligence
(CI) polygraph within 2 years of hire date.
- 10% Travel
Required Education and
- BS in Electrical
Engineering or other related scientific fields with 5 years’ experience
required. Preferably with classes in
radar, antenna, communications systems and electromagnetics.
MS in Electrical Engineering or other related scientific fields with 10 years’
experience. Preferably with classes in
advanced radar, RF signal processing, microwave theory, microwave engineering,
antennas, receiver design and applied electromagnetics.
- Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to
set up, calibrate, document, and verify proper operation of a wide range of
complicated and/or specialized RF test setups.
- Familiarization with Radar Cross Section (RCS)
signature and antenna pattern characterization measurements is required.
- Experience with Network Analyzers, Digital
Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Power meters, 40 Ghz RF generators is a must.
- Additional requirements include experience with
system, subsystem, and component open-loop, closed-loop, direct-inject, and
open air measurements.
- Familiarization with the design, development, assembly, installation, integration, operation, maintenance, upgrade, repair and verification of performance of RF lab equipment.
- The ability to create modulation schemes as applied to RF generators is highly desired.
- Ability to select, procure, and integrate RF laboratory test instruments and related equipment such as positioners, boresight towers, mobile lab vehicles, and instrument/equipment computer controllers required to characterize and test threat equipment in response to broad requirements specified by the government.
- Ability to configure computers and computer networks and communications equipment and networks to facilitate data collection, storage and dissemination.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office products.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment.
- Able to work independently and efficiently with deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to clearly articulate and communicate via email and phone calls.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability