This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 196238
Location: FORT KNOX, KY, United States
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
This position can be onsite in Ft. Knox, or a REMOTE / VIRTUAL / Work from home position.
SAIC is seeking an Intermediate Java Developer to join our Keystone team at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command.
Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Four (4) years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
· Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
· Experience with RDBMS such as Sybase, Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
· Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
· Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
· Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
· Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
· Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
· Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
· Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
· Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
· Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
· US Citizen – No dual citizenship
· Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
· Must be CompTIA Security+ certified
· Must obtain as a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate, with the first 90 days of employment
· Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program
· Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar)
· Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate.
· Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
· Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
· Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP.
· Oracle Certified Associate Java 1.8 or Oracle Certified Professional Java 1.8
· Experience with Documentum, Live Scan, and/or Liferay.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability