- Develops and executes test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Develops test plans, test schedule, and approach. Writes test cases and scripts and identifies data for test scenarios.
- Conducts a walk through on test case/script with Test Managers, Requirement Leads, Project Managers, and Development Leads.
- Performs and leads tests of software and/or IT systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Documents and communicates test results.
- Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
- Documents and works to resolve all complex problems.
- Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
- Creates daily test metrics and reporting.
- Occasionally performs other IT systems engineering activities such as requirements, design, installation, operation, sustainment, and support.
- Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence.
- Often heads one or more departments.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect departments and subordinate sections and work units.
- Interprets company-wide policies and procedures.
- May involved in development of budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- Assignments are objective oriented.
- Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and timelines.
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes and outcomes.
- Erroneous decisions result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure of additional time, workforce, and funds; and jeopardize future business activity.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications.
- Leads briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and fourteen (14) years or more experience; PhD or JD and eleven (11) years or more experience
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Management, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and a minimum of ten years of experience with the management of an enterprise System/Software Engineering program
- Extensive Experience in Agile development as well as Waterfall
- Experience leading large systems engineer efforts for FAA or similar entities
- Experience leading and coordinating efforts of other sensor systems engineering professionals
- Experience with managing under a rigorous System Engineering process System Development, Deployment, In Service Management in a mission critical environment
- Must be an independent self-starter with strong initiative
- Must have strong writing / reporting and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure fast-paced environment
- Must be able to quickly learn and apply new tools and technologies
- Must be flexible in a constantly changing business landscape
- Must have strong customer service orientation
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Active Public Trust L5 Security Clearance
- Agile or DevOps certification (+)
- Experience with Development and Deployment of FAA NAS systems (+)
- Demonstrated experience briefing senior leaders
- Demonstrated experience with Risk Analysis
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Experience with multi-tiered application environments with SQL, Web services, Web API, HTML5, and XML development
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability