Job ID: 195937
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Field Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Effectively manage the infrastructure and catalog of services in order to provide maximum stability, availability, security, and reliability. Task requires extensive skills and experience to ensure prompt support of all customer infrastructure network, servers, systems and related peripheral equipment, and respond to the support requests from users of those devices. This manager is responsible for creating and maintaining processes by which requests that cannot be completed by your FERC Infrastructure Support Services are escalated to applicable service providers (Tier 4 vendors), and that such hand-offs are successful and monitored until resolution.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Tier 3 and Tier 4 On-Site Support
• Meeting Room Support
• Video Teleconference Conference (VTC) Support
• Server Systems
• Authentication Services
• Email Services Support
• Equipment Support
• Web Services and Share Point Support
• ITSM System Support
• Enterprise Software Delivery/Packaging and License Management Support
• Enterprise System Backup and Restore
• Enterprise Management Systems
• BMC ProactiveNet O&M Support of the HQ Data Center Infrastructure
• O&M Support of the Local IT Infrastructure
• Business Content Management
• IT Assets Management (ITAM) Program Support
• Support of the Business Center Support
• Telephony / Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) Systems Support
• Account Management Services
• Secure Vault Support
• Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request support
Bachelor’s degree and fourteen (14) years of experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of experience.
7+ years’ progressive experience working Infrastructure / Data Center operations, including Monitoring, Network, Compute, Storage.
Experience managing staff of 20+ on-site at a Federal Government Agency and provision of remote services.
Certifications: ITIL certification.
Experience in VTC, telephony, and/or unified communications.
Must reside in the DC Metro Area
Must be a US Citizen
Prior experience in government commissions a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability