Job ID: 196098
Location: O'FALLON, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Subcategory: SW Testing
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Software Test Engineer works to ensure that the performance of our Java applications meet specified. Using industry standards and best-practices, the Software Test Engineer will currently perform manual testing ensuring maximum test coverage throughout. We are looking for a detailed oriented, well organized, independent individual that can multi-task. The System Test Engineer will work with various internal teams so effective communication, collaboration, and team work is essential for success. They will be responsible for definition, documentation, and execution of all test plans necessary to ensure the release of a fully validated system. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: generate test scenarios and procedures based on architecture, use cases, requirements and documentation.
Software Test Engineer will play an integral role in the success of the Government program, specifically she/he will:
· Break down large/complex problems and be involved and/or lead the process of design, implementation, and rollout of automation projects and solutions for both hardware and software.
· Maintain and extend test coverage along with creating appropriate tools, utilities, and automation scripts that assist in functional testing and to create test data.
· Develop effective test cases that follow the automation design put in place.
· Effectively collaborate and communicate with others in the program
· Research and recommend possible automated software testing tools
· Maintain software testing lab environment
· Install and configure various operating systems
· Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills as this position requires working with various members and levels of management Desired Skills and Experience
Clearance requirement: · Active Secret clearance is required
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
· B.S. Degree or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of software testing
· Computer setup and installation of operating systems
· Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal skills with a self-starting attitude, team-player, and flexibility. A fast-learner and high degree of creativity and initiatives is expected.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and short term and long term planning skills.
· Background in web technologies and enterprise application implementations in a medium-scale, multi-platform, distributed environment such as but not limited to Windows Platforms, Linux Distributions, Mac and VMware.
· Experience with SDLC and various testing methodologies · Experience with load testing and performance testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability