Job ID: 196097
Location: O'FALLON, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Database Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Using an Agile Development methodology, the data base analyst works to ensure that the performance of our legacy system databases meet the specified government requirements and customer expectations on the performance of the system. Assist in the database queries by developing SQL stored procedures, load external data, develop and update data flow diagrams, and data dictionaries. Develop stored procedures in Microsoft SQL server in support of the customers. Develop SQL unit test and expected results. Using industry standards and best-practices, the DBA will perform customer requirements discussions, perform requirements planning and estimation; work with the project manager and Chief Engineer to daily planning and troubleshooting concerning production data base requirements. Interact with the team lead for the daily work assignments and track progress to support timely execution of schedules. We are looking for a detailed oriented, well-organized, independent individual that can multi-task. The DBA will work with various internal teams so effective communication, collaboration, and teamwork is essential for success. They will be responsible for definition, documentation, and execution of all development plans, tollgates and design specifications and reviews necessary to ensure the release of a fully functional system.
DBA will play an integral role in the success of the Government program, specifically she/he will:
· Break down large/complex problems and be involved and/or lead the process of design, implementation, and rollout of automation projects and solutions for databases.
· Maintain and extend coverage along with creating appropriate tools, utilities, and automation scripts that assist in functional testing and to create test data.
· Develop effective test cases that follow the automation design put in place.
· Effectively collaborate and communicate with others in the program and the IVV staff
· Research and recommend possible database tools
· Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills as this position requires working with various members and levels of management
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
· B.S. Degree or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of database administration in a multi-language development environment
· Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal skills with a self-starting attitude, team-player, and flexibility.
· A fast-learner and high degree of creativity and initiatives is expected.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and short term and long term planning skills.
· Experience creating and editing SQL, troubleshooting PL/SQL.
· Understands Unix or Linux, specifically the command line interface.
· Experience with SDLC and various testing methodologies · Experience with load testing and performance testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability