This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 196036
Location: ILLESHEIM, BW, Germany
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Computer Operator
Schedule: Part-Time On Call
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for a Computer Operator already living in Germany.
· The Computer Operator I works under close personal supervision and is provided detailed written or oral guidance before and during assignments.
· As instructed, this worker resolves common operating problems and may serve as an assistant operator working under close supervision or performing a portion of a more senior operator’s work.
· The successful candidate shall complete a NACI personnel security investigation resulting in a favorable review.
· This position is subject to the Department of Labor wage rate minimum requirements for the area in which the work will take place.
· This position reports to the DTFM Program Manager
Position is ON CALL only-Approximately 0-24 hours per week
· Work may not occur consecutively during the day, and the work hours may vary from day-to-day. Though rare, work may be required on weekends or nights.
DTFM is responsible for:
· Maintaining and operating the Digital Training Facility.
· Ensure the facility is available for all scheduled and non-scheduled training.
· Validate that DLS equipment is installed and functioning properly to support needed training.
· Ensure that workstations are available for scheduled learners and that workstations are loaded with appropriate courseware.
· Report system, software or equipment failures to EMC helpdesk. Assist and respond to EMC technicians to resolve issues with systems, software or equipment.
· Market DLS training and system capabilities to on- post organizations to facilitate increased utilization. This position is ON CALL only for as needed support.
· AA Degree in related discipline; Or, High School and up to two (2) years of related experience or experience in a customer service environment
· Must be a US Citizen able to pass a NACI background investigation
· General knowledge of software applications, operating IT equipment experience, workstation set-up, and have a familiarity with networked systems.
· Customer service experience including resolving issues related to desktop IT resources.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability