This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 196018
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Nov 16, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
• The Senior Systems Engineer acts as a lead in defining and executing systems engineering activities within a project such as process definition and workflow management.
• These activities may consist of systems planning, information security planning, performance management, capacity planning, testing and validation, risk assessment, benchmarking, information engineering, and development and staffing of a systems engineering or security management plan.
• Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
• Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
• From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs systems engineering planning, information security planning, performance management, capacity planning, testing and validation, risk assessment, benchmarking, information engineering, security impact analysis.
• Development and staffing of a systems engineering or security management plan.
• Supports other Systems Engineers and Program Managers, as required.
• Analyzes and develops technical documentation detailing the integration and system performance or information security.
• May analyze security implications of authentication and authorization of Cloud based services spanning all the Delivery Models (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
• Coordinates the activities of Systems Engineers and Jr. Systems Engineers assigned to specific systems engineering projects.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
• Technical experience supporting Microsoft stack technologies in standard and cloud based environments.
• Experience managing multiple and blended SDLC methodologies.
• Possess a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent experience.
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Strong team building, prioritization, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills needed to build and lead a team to achieving outcomes.
• Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) certification and/or experience.
• At time of task order award possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
• Possess ASP.NET, Telerik Controls and SQL Server expertise.
• Experience relevant to the intelligence community (IC) and transformational leadership.
• Possess familiarity with security requirements to deploy solutions in support of the Intelligence Community (IC).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability