SAIC is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer (EDE) with the capability of providing NASA facility guideline design packages, products, and consultation. The EDE is required to perform and support electrical system studies, designs, system maintenance planning, and project execution. The EDE is required to have expert knowledge of all aspects of facility design and renovation, lighting, power distribution systems, substations, circuit breakers, panelboards, relays, fuses, cable/conduit, wiring methods, etc. The EDE is required to have industry experience and be conversant in all aspects of the latest National Electric Code, National Electric Safety Code and ANSI electrical standards.
- Assist in developing/refining the requirements for construction projects typically under $1M in value with scope that primarily involves electrical system design/construction. Review and develop design drawings, design and specification packages, critical spares analyses, and calculations to support various projects. Ensure customer and maintenance team requirements are incorporated to ensure optimum operability, maintainability, customer satisfaction with efficient and predictive results.
- Assist Project Managers (PM) or Task Order Managers (TOM) in developing requirements for surveilling the progress of projects whose scope may include other disciplines, but which are impacted by electrical systems. Support the PMs and TOMs in developing Request for Proposals and Technical Evaluations of projects.
- Provide design consultation services during the execution phase of projects being managed by the Institutional Project Branch.
- Develop and provide cost estimates for entire electrical system projects or for the electrical system portion of projects that primarily involve another discipline(s). Coordinate with the PMs, TOMs, and/or cost estimators to ensure that estimates on their projects accurately reflect the design criteria.
- Review electrical system designs submitted by the prime or other contractors to ensure accuracy, maintainability and adheres to applicable codes and standards compliance requirements.
- Ensure all project documentation for which the designer is responsible for is thoroughly reviewed, formatted, detailed and provided to the appropriate project manager to allow for turnover to the maintenance contractor.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree (mandatory in electrical engineering) with no equivalent time in service for a degree and at least five years of relevant experience.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Professional Engineering License preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Direct experience supporting Federal, NASA, or KSC facility projects.
- Familiarity and understanding KSC policies & procedures.
- Computer Aided Design product experience and expertise, with AutoCad or MicroStation
- Skillfully, openly, coordinate and proactively communicate with Stakeholders.
- Independently make/finalize decisions that conform to facility project contracts, established by NASA Procurement and KSC Programs/Customers.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Field electrician experience preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability