SAIC is seeking a Network/Systems Engineer with an Active Top Secret (TS) Clearance in San Diego, CA.
The Candidate will support the Tactical Networks (TACNET) Capabilities Based In Service Engineering Agent (CB-ISEA).
TACNET CB-ISEA supports the sustainment and modernization of Automated Digital Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services (CANES), Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS), Integration Shipboard Networking System (ISNS), Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Networks, Video Information Exchange System (VIXS), and Wireless Reachback System (WRBS) Programs of Record information systems.
Candidate will provide tier two/three support of CANES Afloat Core Services. ACS is a component of the CANES program and is defined by the need to provision loosely coupled systems and capabilities to the warfighter, which can be reused, discovered, and linked to build mission threads. ACS provides the warfighter with common enterprise solutions to improve information sharing and combat effectiveness. The suite of capabilities facilitates information access and exchange to allow dynamic, Afloat collaboration and accelerated decision making amid unprecedented quantities of operational data. ACS supports users in all operational environments and empowers edge users to pull information from any available source with minimal latency.
Candidate will interface with Active Duty personnel on US Navy ships and US Government employees to provide break/fix and engineering support to ACS in a fast-paced, high energy environment at Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific San Diego
Support will encompass a range of capabilities, from system installations, configuration management enforcement, system sustainment and upgrades, distance support, and emergent onsite Casualty Report (CASREP) support as needed for the warfighters.
- Analyze issues in an Enterprise LAN Shipboard Environment to determine the best course of action for resolution.
- Provide root cause analysis and be comfortable recommending permanent configuration changes when necessary.
- Highly experienced in developing, integrating, testing, debugging, and tuning complex SW solutions designed to satisfy customer requirements;
- Experience in developing and applying pattern based architecture, governance and security to system changes and deployments;
- Leadership experience in the development and deployment of source code across multiple classification levels and environments;
- Thought leader in establishing, maintaining, and applying code/configuration standards and best practices to ensure built in quality at the onset;
- Experience working on software development projects in a Lean/Agile delivery environments;
- Experience in creating or expressing low level work product activities and estimating durations with intent to aide creation of scope documents and schedules.
- Must possess strong communications skill set and be technically representative of ACS project matters in technical discussions with peers, sponsors and potentially customers.
- Work in cooperation with external partners, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to troubleshoot intra-system issues, and to assist with system integration design solutions.
- Provide server and network break-fix and provide remote support for server, network, desktop, and peripheral equipment.
- Interface and direct US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining US Navy Afloat networks and the associated network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, report on technical progress, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Participate in integrated product teams and engineering/design reviews.
Education, Clearance and Experience:
Degree AND 2 years of related experience, OR 4 years of related experience with
either a High School Diploma/GED.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain Sensitive
Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Current CompTIA Security+ CE and Red Hat
Certified Engineer (RHCE) certifications
based operating system. Must have
significant experience with Linux to include RHEL 6, 7 and SELinux;
Linux based system administration with heavy scripting abilities using shell
(bash), python, and perl.
in the administration, integration and implementation of the following ACS
software technologies, OpenAM, OWF, CJMTK, JBoss A-MQ, JBoss Fuse, Red Hat
OpenShift Enterprise, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and ESRI / ArcGIS Product Suite
management & control tools such as git, puppet and development in
with Cisco switches
to travel up to 20% CONUS/OCONUS travel on US Navy Ships.
requirements and experience preferred include:
EAP and jUDDI experience
with databases and database tools (e.g. command-line SQL;
with DevOps automation scripting/tools such as Powershell, Puppet, Chef,
Ansible, Jenkins, GitHub etc.
of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Deployment, Continuous
Integration and Continuous Delivery
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability