Job ID: 196029
Location: TAMPA, FL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
• The position is based in Tampa, Florida.
• The Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and updating Windows Server environment for the USCENTCOM enterprise.
Other responsibilities include:
• Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
• Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
• Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
• Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
• Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
• Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the process for controlling problems.
• Performs a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
• Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
• Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing.
• Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
• Investigates and recommends methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Initiates preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
• Administers systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules.
• Interfaces with vendors for trouble calls.
• Supports the planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
• Producing management information related to problem management.
• Allocating resources to support efforts related to problem management.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of error control and making recommendations for improving.
• Ensuring problems are escalated and tracked at the proper priority level.
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience is desired or 9+ year’s experience (preferred) in lieu of education.
• Experience working with Windows Server, VMware, MS Exchange and Active
• Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility is required. An active Top Secret / SCI is preferred..
• Security + CE
• ITIL V3 - MCSE
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability