Job ID: 195647
Location: INDIAN HEAD, MD, United States
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2019
Subcategory: SW Testing
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Software Tester to support the CADPAD Virtual Fleet Support (VFS) Program for Naval Surface Warfare Center Indian Head Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technology Division (NSWC IHEODTD), Indian Head, Maryland. The VFS program supports programmatic and information technology (IT) support for total life-cycle VFS management for the various aircrew escape systems managed under the Joint Program Office (JPO) for the CAD/PAD Tri-Service Charter.
This position requires full-time customer site work, with minimal telework. Only local travel is anticipated for meetings.
The Software Tester develops and executes test plans and test cases, to ensure that all information systems products and services meet customer specifications and end-user requirements. Conducts demonstrations of test cases with customer subject matter experts. Performs and leads tests of software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment. Documents and communicates test results in Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS). Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues. Documents and works to resolve all complex problems. Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
This position is also responsible for producing and maintaining Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms) in Microsoft Project for the entire team. This effort is approximate 25 per cent of job.
SAIC is looking for a detailed oriented, well organized, independent individual that can multi-task. The Software Tester will work with various internal teams so effective communication, collaboration, and team work is essential for success. The Tester will be responsible for definition, documentation, and execution of all test plans necessary to ensure the release of a fully validated source code. The Tester will maintain structured testing methodology, including the use of automation; create and maintain test matrices; and actively participate in Agile development methodologies.
Must possess an Active DoD Secret security clearance to begin employment
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 6 years using Windows 7 and Windows 10
· 6 years' experience with Microsoft Project
· 6 years testing .NET software using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome
· 6 years creating test matrices
· Microsoft Team Foundation Experience
· Associates Degree in Computer/Software related field
· CompTIA Security+ Certification
· DoD/Navy Experience
· Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal skills with a self-starting attitude, team-player, and flexibility. A fast-learner and high degree of creativity, initiative, and attention to detail is expected.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and short term and long term planning skills.
· Experience with SDLC and various testing methodologies
· experience performing system testing, integration testing, exploratory testing and regression testing
· Strong experience in using quality control processes to ensure that products, deliverables, and data are standardized and accurate.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability