National Security Policy, Organizational and Legislative Analyst
Job ID: 195644
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 21, 2019
Subcategory: Policy Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
- SAIC is seeking a National Security Policy/Organizational and Management Analyst to perform studies and analyses and provide knowledge management support on-site in the Pentagon.
- The candidate will support the Office of the Chief Management Officer (OCMO), Directorate for Organizational Policy and and Decision Support (OP&DS) in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic documents, senior leader decision making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reform initiatives.
The candidate’s duties will include interacting and building relationships with various DoD Components to gather information on status of strategic initiatives; compiling and analyzing data; authoring of technical papers; support to briefings and task development; and preparing reports for senior leadership.
Monitoring actions of Congressional committees, including the authorizations and appropriations committees, related to OCMO interests.
Assisting with preparing briefing material for senior leadership on congressional matters.
Conducting research and analyzing mission-related issues.
Preparation of briefings on findings of significance (favorable or unfavorable) related to legislative initiatives/proposals.
Managing and establishing procedures and controls for the receipt, handling, tracking, cataloging, classifying, suspense, and retrieval of OCMO congressional actions.
The ability to utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora.
The ability to rapidly synthesize complex information.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree preferred with BA/BS in Political Science, National Security Affairs, International Relations, International Economics, or a related field.
- Current DoD SECRET clearance (No exceptions).
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills as well as to lead both individuals and teams.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability