The Business Development - IT Gov. Quantitative Analytics candidate will operate as a member of the Business Development team and be responsible for conducting PTW and Competitive Analysis on Corporate and Group priority bids critical to the company’s growth. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to determine customer buying patterns and competitor bid tendencies through analysis of available information and apply those findings to the PTW analysis. Success in this position hinges more on attitude than anything else. Intellectual curiosity and a thirst for challenge are strong predictors of a successful candidate.
• Will work independently and with the CI/PTW team to plan and lead activities including: competitive environment analysis, customer analysis, Tops Down analysis, Bottoms Up analysis, and additional parametric analyses to inform the PTW recommendation.
• Utilize analytical platforms to support the development of the Bottoms Up and Top Down PTW.
• Provide constructive feedback to peer analysts in a group environment regarding PTW assumptions and analyses.
• Conduct opportunity-focused research (both Customer and Competitor) to develop key foundational assumptions that will feed the PTW.
• Perform competitive analysis through collection and analysis of public documentation (news articles, company financial filings, GAO protests, etc.) and proposal debriefs.
• Perform analysis on competitor pricing based on award history.
• Perform analysis on customer evaluation and award tendencies.
• Responsible for building and maintaining bid specific competitive pricing databases.
• Conduct and/or facilitate Black Hat strategy sessions to collect and develop Customer and Competitor intelligence.
• Responsible for prioritizing/completing the work within deadlines and meeting internal SAIC customer expectations. Collaborate closely with Capture Teams to ensure PTW deliverables are timely and meaningful; increasing overall Probability of Win.
• Responsible for presenting the PTW findings, supporting recommendations/influencing results, and facilitating the transition from the PTW to the SAIC internal bid strategy.
• Participate in RFP analysis including risk identification, avoidance, and mitigation, working closely with SAIC Business Management.
• Suggest and complete additional analyses/projects to further develop PTW capabilities.
• Ensure PTW compliance with SAIC organizational and corporate procurement policies and regulations.
• BA/BS or MS in Business Management, Accounting, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Operations Research, or related field.
• 5+ years of overall work experience in Government contracting with specific emphasis on Pricing, Price-To-Win, database analysis, financial analysis, and/or related research experience required.
• Solid foundational understanding of government contracting pricing environment (DCAA, FAR, rate burden pool development, BOE development).
• Industry experience in developing competitive pricing strategies within the Intelligence, Defense and Federal/Civil market areas.
• Demonstrated success in creating and maintaining relationships with senior business leaders. Critical thinking and analytical skills are required; as are strong communications skills.
• Experience with the preparation of multi-million dollar cost and price proposals, including FFP, T&M, and Cost-plus, would be a decided plus.
• Demonstrated written and presentation skills to present reports.
• Ability to build and explain complex models (Excel, Access, etc).
• Practical experience and a foundational understanding of statistical methods for predicting competitor/customer behavior. Regression Analysis, Monte Carlo Simulation, Machine Learning, Linear Programming.
• Enhanced Data Visualization skills. The ability to take charting beyond merely what Excel offers.
• Innovative candidate who is highly relationship oriented/communicative to work with the Capture’s collaboratively.
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability