Systems Engineer (Adjunct Tester)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 195636
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 16, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
- SAIC is looking for an Adjunct Tester to support PEO C4I (SPAWAR) with a TS/SCI clearance. Relocation Assistance is available for this role.
- The candidate will act in multiple roles as an Adjunct Tester, including statistical analysis and technical support liaison.
- The candidate will provide primary support to Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) for rapid software development of PEO C4I systems.
- Developing, designing, and executing operational test as well as the analysis of test data after operational test is complete.
- Write test documents using the Mission Based Test Design (MBTD) methodology developed by COMOPTEVFOR that incorporates Design of Experiments (DOE) techniques.
- Apply test planning using statistical methodologies incorporating DOE.
- Primary COMOPTEVFOR test documents created are the initial Integrated Evaluation Framework (IEF) created by the MBTD process and the final Test Plan which details the specifics of how operational test will be conducted.
- Support statistical analysis Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the performance of statistical analyses for operational test. Using system performance specifications and other requirements/acquisition documentation, the candidate will provide operational and system characteristics to statistical analysis SMEs to write operational test documents.
- Test and Evaluation event support involving travel such as Developmental Test (DT) and Maintenance Demonstration (M-DEMO) events at contractor sites, as well as at-sea Operational Test (OT).
- Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) inputs with U.S. Navy Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center (SPAWAR) Pacific based on COMOPTEVFOR equities for Operational Test.
- Risk Assessment support.
- Modeling and Simulation (M&S) support to support COMOPTEVFOR accreditation for SSEE system test facilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 5 years or more of related experience; Masters and 3 years or more experience.
- Applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of advanced degrees.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Test Engineer, or COMOPTEVFOR Test and Evaluation (T&E) experience, and related statistical analysis experience.
- Understands systems engineering concepts and related systems engineering processes.
- Knowledge of DoD/ U.S. Navy acquisition documents such as Capabilities Development Documents (CDD) and Capabilities Production Documents (CPD). Knowledge of DoD/U.S. Navy acquisition processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software to include: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- 1-3 years of Test and Evaluation experience outside COMOPTEVFOR.
- 1-3 years of Modeling and Simulation experience.
- Familiarity with four COMOPTEVFOR publications: Operational Test Director (OTD) Manual, Analyst’s Handbook, OT&E Writing Guide, and Best Practices.
- Information Operations / Information Warfare experience.
- Cryptography and Electronic Warfare (EW) experience.
- Experience using statistical software.
- Understanding of data collection plans and data analysis.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability