Signal Engineer Sr (SIGINT) – SPECTRAL **(Hiring/Relocation Bonus)**
Job ID: 195639
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Category: Human Resources
Subcategory: Conversion Import
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
** Bonus (Hiring/Relocation) available for Qualified Candidates with Active TS/SCI clearances **
** This position is located in San Diego, CA **
- SAIC is looking for a signals engineer to support PEO C4I (SPAWAR) with a TS/SCI clearance familiar with developing, applying and evaluating state-of-the-art signal processing algorithms for sensor systems using sensing technologies to support defense and intelligence applications.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Researches, designs and develops signal collection, processing and dissemination systems.
- Develops requirements analysis, system architecture, and integrates new signal processing technology systems.
- Designs, develops and analyzes systems for the extraction of information from signal sensors.
- Systems utilization include detection and estimation theories, speech processing, and neural networks; electromagnetic and acoustic effects on signals; and implementation of signal processing with advanced computer architectures
- Supports the design, development, documentation, and testing of classified software products.
- Supports analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of software for signal information processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- Supports ensuring that all end products met requirements and all associated standards.
- Supports developing, applying and evaluating state-of-the-art signal processing algorithms for sensor systems using sensing technologies to support defense and intelligence applications.
Required Education and Experience:
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer science or mathematics with a strong foundation in signal processing and five (5) years or more of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more of related experienc.
- Applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of advance degrees
- Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders; government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Understanding of Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I) and Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) with prior experience with Naval Systems or Programs
- Digital signal processing, stochastic processes, detection and estimation
- Prior relevant military or federal government experience
- INCOSE certification
- Currently possesses Active Top Secret/SCI
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability