SAIC is seeking a Senior VMware Administrator/Engineer with Windows Administration experience to support our Government customer from Vienna, VA.
The Senior VMware Administrator is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of the Distributed Systems Infrastructure (Compute, and Network tiers) with in-depth knowledge of guest operating systems, including Windows, and RedHat Linux.
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated enterprise in maintaining large quantities physical and virtual servers and hosts. The duties include, monitoring, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the VMware infrastructure and the Windows platform. The candidate will have demonstrated experience mentoring Mid-level and Junior Administrators. The candidate should be able to be a leading contributor on large projects, be a self-starter, and able to work and operate in a collaborative environment.
- Daily administration of VMware infrastructure (vSphere 6.5+) including performance tuning and optimization of guests in a virtual environment.
- Work with Application developers and seasoned application administrators to establish virtual machine memory, CPU, and storage requirements that adhere to basic principles of topology, such as NUMA boundaries
- Development of ESXi host profiles to maintain uniformity across clusters in the environment.
- Establishment of performance analytics to determine the best methods for optimizing the environment.
- Contribute to the design, and management of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, and other Windows core services.
- Building server ‘Gold’ images to conform to customer standards, to include hardening, security compliance, and virtualization best practices.
- Perform enterprise level system upgrades of AD, operating systems, applications, and other tools, including evaluation and installation of new products, and MS and other application patches.
- Develop mid-level engineers to perform more advanced system administration and best practices.
- Manage Service Level Agreements, documentation, and policy/procedure compliance for IT systems related to virtualized, and Windows environments.
- Create and manage scripts to perform system tasks with PowerShell experience a plus.
- Participate in after-hours requests that respond to business emergencies (on-call rotation)
- Provide recommendations to senior management for areas of opportunities to reduce total cost of ownership of the VMware environment.
- Resolve escalated issues from the IT Service Desk and Tier III administrators
- Proactively monitor servers to anticipate and mitigate problems.
- Required Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of relevant
experience. Additional work experience
is acceptable in lieu of a Degree.
- Required Experience/Skills/Attributes:
- vSphere management experience, including
distributed switching, disaster recovery (SRM,) HA/DRS, etc.
- Able to create and manage solutions at
enterprise level using GPOs, Scripting and other tools.
- Able to manage multiple projects and or efforts.
- Solid knowledge of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS,
and the ability to maintain other Windows core services.
- Ability to learn new products and
- Ability to monitor and respond to system issues
and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Experience working in a Mid-size to Large
- Ability to manage own projects and solutions on
- Ability to create and manage work instructions,
system and project documentation
- Excellent communication skills to explain
technical information and requirements effectively to others both orally and
- Outstanding customer service and time management
skills, strong sense of ownership, and a can do attitude
- Desired Experience/Skills/Attributes:
- VCP desired, but not required – Must be open to
obtaining certification if additional experience is necessary.
- Understanding of Identity & Access Mgmt
systems i.e. Acronis, SailPoint and CyberArk
- Working experience administering MS Exchange
- Practical scripting knowledge to automate tasks
- Management and development of monitoring tools,
such as Zenoss is a plus
- Tivoli Storage Manager and Veeam.
- Understanding of SAN and NAS storage systems.
- Demonstrated ability of hardening the Windows
operating system to security standards and benchmarks, such as the DISA STIG,
or CIS Benchmarks.
Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
prior to starting work. Must be a US Citizen
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability