Sr. Application Security Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 195614
Location: VIENNA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 1, 2019
Subcategory: Cyber Eng/Archt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
- Responsible for developing secure coding guidelines and best practice documentation for custom developed applications as well as ensuring the guidelines are followed.
- Conduct assessments using COTS and other tools to ensure coding practices are followed and effective as well as identify risks.
- Produce and update secure coding guidelines and related documentation
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure secure coding best practices are followed
- Collaborate with development teams to support remediation of software vulnerabilities
- Provide coding guidance to ensure best practices are continually followed and issues addressed.
- Conduct assessments of custom applications and related code to identify risks
- Perform general security policy development/maintenance and audit compliance support
Qualifications Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance prior to start date is required
5+ years of direct experience supporting secure coding practices.
Hands-on experience with application security scan tools such as IBM AppScan, HP Fortify, HP WebInspect, WhiteHat Security, or AppDetectivePro
Experience with open source Pen Testing software, such as Kali or Burp Suite
Familiarity with Asp.net, C#, VB.net, Java/J2EE, CF, or C++
Demonstrated understanding of web application and database security
Strong technical background in software security design/implementation and data protection
Strong communication, interpersonal, consulting style skills to interface with staff, developers, and customer
Knowledge of software/application hardening OR input validation testing OR SQL injection testing is preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability