SAIC is seeking an Electrical Cable and Harness Technician on the OMES II contract in support of the Restore-L program in the Satellite Servicing Projects Division (SSPD) at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. This position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Restore-L mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Satellite Servicing Project Division (SSPD) managed mission. Restore-L is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. The SSPD is responsible for the design, engineering, development, test and operations of the Restore-L Mission through an integrated team at GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV integration will be conducted at GSFC.
The Electrical Cable and Harness Technician will provide cable and harness assembly support for the Restore-L flight harness and other Restore-L payload subsystems.
Job duties include:
• Perform repairs, fabrication, modification and installation of electrical wiring harnesses, cables, wires, wiring assemblies and associated parts for electrical ground support equipment and flight hardware
• Read and interpret work instructions, schematics, wirelists and drawings.
• Perform connector pin crimping, cabling and chassis wiring
• Ensure quality of the hardware is maintained and NASA quality and safety standards and procedures are followed.
• Ensure work is done with completeness, accuracy, adherence to operation sheets, ISO procedures, schedules and assigned tasks.
• Compile, record, and analyze test data and results to determine conformance to supplied documentation
• Communicate recommendations, issues, and risks to engineers and management
• Support the manufacturer engineer in assessing and recommending design modifications.
• Maintain relevant certifications and knowledge of industry standard practices, procedures, and parts
• May participate in planning for procurement and kitting
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
•AA Degree in related discipline and six (6) years related experience; OR High School and seven (7) years related experience
• Must be able to pass a Government background investigation
• Cable harness fabrication and assembly experience, preferably at NASA or for a spaceflight application
• Ability to perform soldering and knowledge of tools and equipment required to perform required functions
• Ability to accomplish wiring tasks
• Experience with various hand tools and test equipment to include: multi-meters, vector network analyzers, copper certification testers, retention testers, and basic hand tools.
• Ability to read, interpret, understand, apply, and enforce engineering, technical, and maintenance specifications, policies, standards and procedures to ensure the quality and safety of assemblies
• Ability to work within specific compliance standards and with accepted practices and work assignments
• Ability to obtain and maintain all relevant training and certifications
• IPC J-STD-001 and/or NASA 8739 certification training
• Experience working with program requirements, equipment performance specs, wire connection lists, schematics, wire gauge sizing, connector selection and related cabling and harnessing documentation
• Knowledge of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) considerations with respect to electrical design
• Familiarity with MIL standards and requirements, NASA standards and requirements, AS9100 or ISO 9001
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to work as a team member
• Must be capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects
• Able to plan and prioritize work effort and quickly respond to issues and questions
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability