SAIC is seeking a Senior Electrical Systems Engineer on the OMES II contract in support of the Restore-L program in the Satellite Servicing Projects Division (SSPD) at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. This position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Restore-L mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Satellite Servicing Project Division (SSPD) managed mission. Restore-L is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. The SSPD is responsible for the design, engineering, development, test and operations of the Restore-L Mission through an integrated team at GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV integration will be conducted at GSFC.
The engineer will provide electrical systems support for the Restore-L Payload Servicing Unit (PSU) Subsystem.
Job duties include:
• Manage and define key electrical interfaces between the PSU subsystem and other Restore-L subsystems for flight and EDU (Engineering Development Unit)
• Generate electrical interface control documents and other documentation, requirements, and test procedures for the PSU subsystem
• Generate, review and release PSU documentations in Restore-L configuration management system (i.e. TDMS…)
• Collaborate and coordinate activities with program management and hardware development team including electronics design engineers, software, packaging, test engineers, and manufacturing personnel.
• Support generation of critical design review deliverables including requirement verification and validation
• Support spacecraft electrical architecture design and analysis, including definition of selected subsystem requirements
• Support all technical aspects of the spacecraft electrical system; including, but not limited to, electronics systems detailed design, analysis, requirements, test planning, and provide technical oversight to procurements and hardware development.
• Support the PSU box integration and test including the environmental testing (i.e. Tvac, Vibe and EMI)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field with 14+ years of related experience
• Strong electrical systems experience, preferably at NASA or in aerospace
• Experience with NASA mission life cycle and review cycle (design reviews, requirements reviews, integration reviews, trade studies, etc.)
• Requirements development and analysis
• System integration
• Electrical interface definition and management
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability