Ground Systems Engineer, Sr. Principal (Horizon)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 195301
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: May 15, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
- SAIC is seeking a Senior Space Ground Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering, acquisition strategy, and technical support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Space Superiority Systems Directorate (SMC/SY).
- The position requires an individual with experience in technical programs, technical program management, and systems engineering of DoD space ground systems.
- Specific useful experience includes systems engineering, integration and test, agile software development, development operations (DevOps), ground systems development.
- This position is based in El Segundo, CA.
- Qualified applicants must have a current/active Top Secret SCI with a current background investigation within five (5) years and consent to a polygraph examination.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to developing and deploying a system architecture.
- Performs assessment of development contractor design, provides oversight to development contractor development efforts, manages development operations (DevOps) capabilities, performs requirements decomposition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and meeting mission requirements traceability.
- Ensure program level documentation is aligned with Directorate and higher headquarters guidance for program planning and execution.
- Develops and evaluates program level documentation for SMC/SY assigned programs in support of Directorate leadership. Engages and coordinates with SMC Center Staff, HQ AFSPC, and HQ USAF on behalf of Directorate leadership to resolve documentation issues in line with Directorate “commander’s intent” and priorities.
- Provides leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders.
- Ensures the functional decomposition of requirements into total systems solutions to meet technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, develops and manages trade studies.
- Must be able to translate customer capability needs into technical requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in direct application of Systems Engineering principals to Space or Ground Satellite systems during development and integration and test
- An active TS/SCI clearance with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
- BS Degree- Engineering or Hard Sciences with 10 Years’ experience OR MS Degree in Engineering or Hard Sciences
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the government program office
- Must be able to work independently
- 15+ years of experience in direct application of Systems Engineering principals to Space or Ground Satellite systems during development and integration and test
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with development operations (DevOps)
- MS Degree- Engineering or Hard Sciences
- MBA Degree
- DoD Space Acquisition and Program Management Experience (especially Space Control experience)
- Application of Model Based Systems Engineering and MBSE tool sets
- Ability to use Matlab and/or AGI STK and Toolkits
- INCOSE SE certification (CSEP/ESEP)
- PMP Certification
- Prior Military Service Space Superiority Systems Directorate Overview: The Space Superiority Systems Directorate at Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif., equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It has a multi-billion-dollar budget, 350-person program office, and 1,500- person industry team at multiple locations throughout the country to support operational systems worldwide. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space- superiority capabilities of the highest national priority.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability