Job ID: 195377
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2019
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
• SAIC is seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager/Director to lead a major communications network and systems integration program.
• This position reports to the Vice President of DOT/FAA Programs in the Federal Civilian Customer Group.
• The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the capture and program team to support the business development strategy, planning, and proposal preparation for a major business opportunity for the Federal Aviation Administration.
• This opportunity is a 15-year, $3B+ highly complex government contract with defined delivery milestones and products, multiple contract types, service level agreements, and a highly diverse, geographically distributed team of subcontractors, vendors, and technical, management, and administrative staff.
• The PM candidate will maintain a close relationship with the Government and staff determining both technical and business goals and detailed plans to accomplish these goals in consultation with SAIC leadership.
The PM candidate is responsible for:
• Successful delivery of a nationwide critical network infrastructure and systems integration program providing voice, data, and video communications to the customer for critical aviation operations, mission support functions, and research and development. This program is highly complex and visible within the highest levels of the customer organization. It serves with more than 4,400 users and locations across the U.S. (CONUS & OCONUS), with an estimated (up to) $300M per year annual revenue.
• Meeting contractual performance criteria (including 24x7x365 operations) and milestones during service delivery and overall program milestone completion. Manages performance based services (including SLAs with penalties for under-performing).
• Managing and integrating activities in accordance with contract requirements to ensure technical, cost and financial, schedule, and risk performance parameters are achieved.
• Effectively manages customer and user stakeholder relationships at all levels, frequently communicating with the Government PM and COR and responding to direction.
• Managing a fully integrated large team of multiple subcontracts and vendors as appropriate.
• Assessing program issues and developing resolution to meet productivity, quality, and client satisfaction goals and objectives. Escalating issues and problems within SAIC leadership as appropriate.
• Directing innovative and creative methods, whenever feasible, to ensure delivery of products and services are timely, cost effective, and keeping pace with industry emerging technologies.
• Holding the program team accountable for meeting work standards, contractor and government schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, and communicating policy and goals to the program organization and to subordinate managers and staff.
SECURITY: Able to obtain Public Trust credentials
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, an Information Technology field or other related scientific or technical discipline; and/or Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines, or Master’s in Business Administration or Finance is also acceptable. (In lieu of Master’s, additional 2 years of experience can be substituted with Bachelor’s – total of eighteen 18 years overall)
• Sixteen (16) years or more of recent and relevant program management experience for a large (billion dollar plus) defined delivery program, comparable in scope, size, and complexity within systems engineering, network, or related IT technology disciplines, including ten (10) years or more as a supervisor/manager (100 or more personnel)
• Ten (10) years in a senior management position effectively leading a large (200 or more personnel) service delivery organization, including proven experience managing a large dollar value (billion plus) program
• Ten (10) years of more of specialized, relevant experience in technical/operations discipline within aviation or aerospace community (in civil or military disciplines)
• PMP Certification
• Experience managing varied contract types, including FFP, T&M, and cost reimbursable
• Possess superior communication (written, oral, and listening) skills, excellent organization skills, strong interpersonal skills and be customer focused and detail oriented
• Possess strong knowledge and understanding of the FAA environment, culture, and mission. Knowledge of FAA ATC and ATM systems very beneficial.
• Proven track record and experience of commercially available network technologies and telecommunications equipment (voice and data), technology, business processes, standards, etc.
• Experience using earned value management systems a plus
WORK LOCATION & TRAVEL:
• Must be willing to be located in the Metropolitan Washington DC Area
• Travel requirement may vary depending on contract phases, but at a minimum be willing to support 25% travel CONUS and OCONUS locations
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability