Job ID: 195376
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
• SAIC is seeking an experienced Program Manager as the Deputy Program Manager for a major communications network and systems integration program.
• The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the capture and program team, and the designated Program Manager to support the business development strategy, planning, and proposal preparation for a major business opportunity for the Federal Aviation Administration.
• This opportunity is a 15-year, $3B+ highly complex government contract with defined delivery milestones and products, multiple contract types, service level agreements, and a highly diverse, geographically distributed team of subcontractors, vendors, and technical, management, and administrative staff.
• The DPM candidate will maintain a close relationship with the Government and staff determining both technical and business goals and detailed plans to accomplish these goals in consultation with SAIC leadership.
• The DPM candidate is responsible for supporting the PM in the successful delivery of a nationwide critical infrastructure and systems integration program providing voice, data, and video communications to the customer for critical aviation operations, mission support functions, and research and development.
• This program is highly complex and visible within the highest levels of the customer organization.
• It serves with more than 4,400 users and locations across the U.S. (CONUS & OCONUS), with an estimated (up to) $300M per year annual revenue.
• The DPM will assist the PM in meeting contractual performance criteria (including 24x7x365 operations) and due dates during service delivery and overall program milestone completion, including managing performance based services (including SLAs with penalties for under-performing).
• The candidate will provide back-up to the PM, and will be the back-up senior management contact responsible for overall SAIC team program performance for the entire contract.
• Candidate assists the PM to ensure solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner; provides supervision, training, and direction to staff; and serves as the back-up point of contact for customer issues or concerns.
• The DPM assists the PM to manage the overall contract, to include personnel and technical management of tasks, assists in achieving program financial objectives, and ensures reach back to corporate resources to support the performance the required tasks.
• The DPM assists the PM in providing management oversight of program personnel, both SAIC and subcontractors, ensuring the highest quality of task completion and deliverables in accordance with the contract.
• The DPM is responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, developing and executing project schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising personnel and communicating policies, procedures, development and delivery of briefings at the executive level, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and goals to team members.
• The DPM candidate will also assess program issues and develop resolution to meet productivity, quality, and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
• He/she will also develop innovative and creative methods, whenever feasible, to ensure delivery of products and services are timely, cost effective, and keeping pace with industry emerging technologies.
• Able to obtain Public Trust credentials
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, an Information Technology field or other related scientific or technical discipline; and/or Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines, or Master’s in Business Administration or Finance is also acceptable. (In lieu of Master’s, additional 2 years of experience can be substituted with Bachelor’s – total of eighteen 18 years overall)
• Sixteen (16) years or more of recent and relevant program management experience for a large defined delivery program, comparable in scope, size, and complexity within systems engineering, network, or related IT disciplines, including ten (10) years or more as a supervisor/manager (100 or more personnel)
• Ten (10) years in a senior management position effectively leading a large (200 or more personnel) service delivery organization, including proven experience managing a large dollar value program
• Ten (10) years of more of specialized, relevant experience in technical/operations discipline within aviation or aerospace community (in civil or military disciplines)
• PMP Certification
• Experience managing varied contract types, including FFP, T&M, and cost reimburseable
• Possess superior communication (written, oral, and listening) skills, excellent organization skills, strong interpersonal skills and be customer focused and detail oriented
• Possess strong knowledge and understanding of the FAA environment, culture, and mission. Knowledge of FAA ATC and ATM systems very beneficial.
• Proven track record and experience of commercially available network technologies and telecommunications equipment (voice and data), technology, business processes, standards, etc.
• Experience using earned value management systems a plus
WORK LOCATION & TRAVEL:
• Must be willing to be located in the Metropolitan Washington DC Area
• Travel requirement may vary depending on contract phases, but at a minimum be willing to support 25% travel CONUS and OCONUS location.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability