Job ID: 195439
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Job Description: Lead the design and implementation of a complex, enterprise web application software development and integration effort. The candidate will architect, design, code and test full-stack Java-based web application software using an Agile methodology. Use sound software engineering and object oriented principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, scalable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure and fault tolerant.
· Collaborates with customer teams to fully analyze customer requirements
· Conduct in-depth analysis of business process delivering documentation that acts as a handoff to start development
· Guide the development phase and mentor the team on best practices, architectural patterns and coding standards
· Read legacy code to understand and document existing processes
· Produce applicable design and architecture documentation for review.
· Develop architecture for new applications using best-of-breed technologies
· Design software application ensuring that the design is flexible, scalable, maintainable, consistent and high-performing
· Collaborate with the performance team (PT) to identify test scenarios and review results
· Identify end-to-end integration testing scenarios
· Design interfaces to meet security and accessibility objectives
· Ensure the quality of the delivered product
· Monitor and track technical activities to completion
· Oversee rigorous peer reviews to ensure compliance with coding standards
· Use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration
· Agile Software development process experience.
· Expert knowledge of Java
· Hands on experience in JSP, EJB/JPA and one or more frameworks like Struts, JSF or Spring.
· Experience in one of the following ORM tools Hibernate, iBatis, JPA
· Experience in developing REST services using Resteasy.
· Prior JEE application development experience on JBoss Application Server/SOA-P or other similar JEE application server.
· Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and WS* standards in addition to hands on experience coding XML Web Services using JAX* API and tools like Axis are strongly desired.
· Experience in at least the following configuration management tools: Subversion and build automation tools such as Ant, Maven, BuildForge or similar.
· Experience authoring and performance engineering SQL queries and stored procedures in MySQL or Oracle is desired.
· Experience with image processing is desired
· Experience with workflow processing is desired
The candidate must also be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline and 10+ years’
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability