The Cyber Security Manager applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum military cyberspace operations. Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions. At the Leadership level this is senior technical staff dedicated to transforming customer environments into a more secure operating environment in a holistic manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Report directly to Chief Engineer/Architect
• Primary technical responsibility for all Cybersecurity work efforts and all cyber and IT security requirements
• Provide oversight and management of all technical personnel working within security section conducting the following activities:
• Engineering, analysis and trade studies leading to recommendations for project investments to improve satellite ground systems cybersecurity
• Information and Cybersecurity supporting saustainment and cyber projects, including Security Continuous Monitoring and Situation Awareness, Cyber Security Awareness & Training, and Cyber Security Assessment & Authorization
• Provides guidance and assistance for IT security to include implementation of software patches, IAVAs, STIGs for both operating systems and applications
• Respond to and execute against Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) issued by customer or security oversight contractor
• Initiate specific cybersecurity training programs as required
• Requires strong written and verbal presentation skills including formal and informal presentation of work and assessments to critical audience
• Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
• 5-10 years of experience in information technology solutions, operations and maintenance of networked infrastructures, Cyber/IT solutions
• Must currently possess Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
• Knowledge of , Risk Management Framework (NIST SP 800-37Rev2), Vulnerability Scanning/Analysis/Reporting, Security Controls Assessment (SCAs), Penetration Testing, CSAM, Security Engineering, Security Solution Architecting
• Excellent written and presentation communication skills
• Currently hold a Secret Clearance, position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
• Has 10+ years of Government and/or Industry experience, including 5+ years with Information Technology (IT) and/or Mission IT-related efforts
• Experience managing/assisting in delivery of security solutions for IT and/or Mission IT networked solutions
• Familiarity with government and/or commercial standards for ground-based systems
• PMP certification desired but not necessary.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability