The Sustainment Engineering Manager conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level. Conducts threat modeling exercises. Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs. Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access. Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Report directly to Chief Engineer/Architect
• Primary technical responsibility for all sustainment work efforts
• Implement methodologies and approaches to establish consistency in sustainment activities and provide day-to-day oversight of sustainment team(s) conducting the following activities:
• Engineering, analysis and trade studies leading to recommendations for project investments to sustain satellite ground systems
• Agile Engineering & Development focused on HW/SW Refresh, Functional Improvements, and Capability Enhancement
• Collaborate with NOAA customer to assess sustainment needs and requirements
• Convene regular technical reviews of sustainment task(s), and development projects
• Develop all task order proposals for development projects
• Requires strong written and verbal presentation skills including formal and informal presentation of work and assessments to critical audience
• Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
• 5-10 years of experience in project management, information technology solutions, operations and maintenance of networked infrastructures with a minimum of 5 years of experience with satellite ground systems
• Experience in providing sustainment solutions in a wide variety of customer and enterprise IT environments covering Infrastructure (Compute, Storage and Networking) and Application Software.
• Experience with developing trade studies, cost versus risk analyses, performance assessment, cyber security impacts
• Excellent written and presentation communication skills
• Currently hold a Secret Clearance, position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
• Has 10+ years of Government and/or Industry experience, including 5+ years with NOAA, NASA or Air Force Space-related efforts
• Experience with Agile Development, Scaled Agile Framework, Continuous Integration Test and Deployment as part of a DevOps Team
• Leadership experience in oversight and management of satellite ground systems implementations, upgrades, and sustainment activities
• PMP certification desired but not necessary.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification desired but not necessary.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability