The Operations and Maintenance Manager performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Report directly to Program Manager
• Primary responsibility for the day to day operations of the NOAA OMS ground systems
• Implement methodologies and approaches to establish consistent operations and maintenance to achieve mission operations requirements.
• Conducting the following activities:
• Implement metrics and operational standards to ensure continuous availability of ground system to meet operational requirements
• Implement Agile processes to respond to customer needs without impacting normal operations
• Track, solve and eliminate anomalies that effect system performance
• Collaborate with the PM and NOAA customer to assess OM status and future needs
• Convene regular operational and maintenance reviews
• Requires strong written and verbal presentation skills including formal and informal presentation of work and assessments to critical audience
Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience.
• 15+ years of Government and/or Industry experience, including 10+ years with in satellite ground systems design, implementation and operations.
• 5-10 years of experience in project management, information technology solutions, operations and maintenance of networked infrastructures
• Experience with managing facilities infrastructure
• Experience managing large complex teams (100 plus personnel)
• Experience managing competing resources and schedules in large operational systems
• Experience and knowledge of cyber security standards, processes and operations. Risk Management Framework (NIST SP 800-37Rev2)
• Knowledge of government and/or commercial standards for ground-based systems
• Extensive experience in providing IT program management, operations, customer service, and help desk support in a wide variety of customer and enterprise network environments.
• Experience with the implementation and operations of ITIL standards
• Excellent written and presentation communication skills
• Currently hold a Secret Clearance, position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
• ITIL certification required
• Has 10+ years of Government and/or Industry experience, including 5+ years with NOAA, NASA or Air Force Space-related efforts
• Has experience with the design, development and delivery of satellites
• Experience with Agile Development, Scaled Agile Framework, Continuous Integration Test and Deployment as part of a DevOps Team
• PMP certification desired but not necessary
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability