SAIC has an opportunity for a Project Coordinator
in Washington, DC.
The Program Coordinator supports
the Program Manager in managing day-to-day operations, vendor coordination, and
They serve as liaison between project management and project team. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Responsible for ensuring contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities are being accomplished including working on the definition and implementation of project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract.
- Developing budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for an assigned portion of a program, participating in and establishing and defining program plan requirements, and monitoring and reporting performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Vendor coordination – Coordinate HVAC,
Electrical, and Cabling projects with customer and subcontractors
- Primary liaison between customer Project
Managers and subcontractors
- Collecting project requirements and generating
detailed statements of work (SOWs)
- Ad hoc reporting requirements by the government
- Tracking Project status and ensuring timely
Qualifications Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience
- Basic understanding of the latest project management practices and standards
Desired Qualifications Preferred Skills
- Experience with MS Project & Excel
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability