Software Developer/Engineer (SR1055)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 195352
Location: ALBUQUERQUE, NM, United States
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for an experienced software developer/engineer who can work in a collaborative team-focused environment. The candidate should be experienced with software development and software engineering tools and practices. Job responsibilities may include the following: writing and modifying scripts in Bash, Python or CMake to configure, build, test, install and deploy software. Other duties are creating and monitoring test suites using continuous integration and test dashboard tools. This role will also triage and fix test failures. Daily activities include consulting with clients and subject matter experts to elicit requirements as well as designing, developing and testing custom software.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical discipline or 4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 2 - 4 years of experience with a scripting language in a Linux environment: Python, Bash.
- Expertise in configuration management and scripting languages such as Python, issue tracking, automated testing infrastructure, and/or commonly used software engineering tools and methods.
- 2 - 4 years of experience developing software and/or using tools on a Linux platform.
- A clearance is not required to start, but must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance.
- A willingness to become proficient in any programming language or technology needed by a project.
- Need a demonstrated ability to work independently to develop solutions starting from high-level requirements.
- Must be able to collaborate in a team environment.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with tools such as CMake/CTest/CDash, Jenkins, CVS, Subversion, Git.
- Experience with C++ programming.
- Experience with parallel code development with CUDA, OpenMP, and/or MPI.
- Experience developing software and/or using tools on Mac OS X, Windows platforms.
- Experience with high performance computing software and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to team across disciplines.
- Experience using formal software engineering processes.
- Experience with Agile software quality engineering and life cycle methods, tools, and practices.
- Experience with Web content maintenance and development.
- Experience in development and maintenance of software documentation.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability