SAIC has an opportunity for a Systems
Administrator in Patuxent River, MD.
Systems Administrator will support the SSC Pacific CAMEO/RIC project which is
focused on improving aviation logistics through data-driven initiatives. This position will support multiple facets in
software and systems engineering with working knowledge in project management. The candidate shall support the NAVAIR
Aviation Logistics Environment (ALE) Lead with data calls, ALE IT support,
logistics support, and systems engineering support. Candidate will work under SAIC’s Lead SE in
Patuxent River, MD.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the transition of incoming
capabilities including CAMEO 2.x software product roll-out initiatives.
- Provide NAS Pax River ALE IT Support to
- Portable Electronic Maintenance Aid (PEMA)
system administrative maintenance with latest software and technical
- Support hard drive disk build and delivery of
sanitized IETM releases
- Liaison support between ALE Lead and PMA-275
Cyber Security Team related to ALE IT Assets.
ALE logistics support to include:
- Coordinating IT and services support status
inputs for presentations to the Leadership Team via telecons and meetings
- V-22 Joint Technical Data Integration (JTDI)
Account Admin Support
- User access requests and updates
- Support ALE software product rollouts to the
fleet (as directed by NAVAIR & SPAWAR customers)
- Support cognizance of all hardware across
domestic V-22 Enterprise fleet
- Support coordination with PMA-260 on MV-22
PEMAs, software licensing, changes in hardware make and models (PCMCIA, DVD,
- Support coordination of three-level
maintenance hardware orders for standups, physical moves, and technical
- Identify means to track all domestic V-22
Enterprise (MV, CV, CMV) ALE fleet hardware inventory and configuration (i.e.
Servers, PEMAs, Disk Dupers, etc.) via DI2E/Insight
- Liaison support between Lead CSR and site CSRs
and ALE Lead for fleet issues related to the ALE product line
- Collaborate with Lead CSR on developing
CTPL/CSR guides and helps for common problems and mitigations (i.e. updates,
procedures for manual flight data uploads)
- Liaison with Lead CSR and Fleet Response Group
(FRG) for CAMEO and IETM training material development, update, and training
- Provide Systems Engineering Support to
- VECTOR access and data analysis for
relationship mapping with Readiness Integration Center (RIC) collected data
- RIC data and tools analysis for capability and
function analysis toward improvement, as well as user engagement and adoption
- User requirements mapping, documentation, and
- Support solution architecture planning and
- Attend ad hoc meetings and provide support as
Education, Clearance and Experience:
- Active Secret
- HS/GED and 6 years of experience OR Bachelors
and 2 years of experience; OR Masters and 0 years of experience.
- Must be IAT Level
II Certified OR Current Security+
- Seven (7) years’
combined experience in practice of Systems Engineering process and discipline
and Systems Administration experience.
- Must have good
understanding and configuration of various networking infrastructure, including
but not limited to Wi-Fi, VLAN, PVLAN, Layer2, Layer3 switches, Virtual
Switches, load balancing and fault tolerance architecture.
- Must have a good
understanding and configuration of IT hardware, (e.g.: Servers, desktops, laptops, and printers)
also virtual technologies (e.g.: Citrix and VMWare).
- Must have
experience with providing system administration for windows OS (Win10 and
- Must have
experience working with network security.
- Proficient in MS
Office tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, and the ability
to work on multiple web platforms.
communications skills, both oral and written
- Must be
proficient in security best practices
- Ability to travel
up to 25% of the time
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability