Job ID: 195272
Location: FORT BRAGG, NC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for a Network Engineer Principal to support the Program Manager – Integrated Tactical Network (PM ITN) contract. Upon contract award, this contract will support planning, execution, and analysis of various military communications test events around the USA. These test events will evaluate the effectiveness of current and prospective military command, control, and communications equipment. The goal of the ITN effort is to provide a modern and tactically effective communications network to the U.S Army and its supporting organizations. These positions will be located at one of our sites in:
El Paso, TX
Ft. Bragg NC
Ft. Dix NJ
Candidate must be available for and willing to work 40 hours per week, with extended hours and weekend work possible when required by the project.
Network Engineer, as part of the SAIC led NETOPS Team, is responsible for:
• Providing support for the installation, integration, and fielding of key network systems to assigned Brigade Combat Teams (BCT) as a part of the Army’s Capability Sets.
• Verifying installation and integration requirements and documenting all activities accordingly.
• Having the knowledge and ability to prepare data and voice network diagrams, as well as investigate, identify and resolve complex technical issues within the tactical network.
• Having skills required for network design and configuration, network troubleshooting and issue resolution, as well as the monitoring and development of critical data products.
• Developing and maintaining subject matter expertise (SME) of communications and network systems embedded in current and future U.S. Army Capability Sets in support of systems engineering, equipment integration, and network modernization efforts.
• Analyzing emerging network designs as applicable to the demands of fielding and integrating future Capability Sets to the U.S. Army and recommends potential courses of action for support.
• Interfacing daily with Soldiers and Government representatives of similar background to accomplish mission and program objectives.
• Consistently working effectively and cooperatively with fellow NETOPS Team members, other employees on related projects, Government stakeholders, and external customers.
• Establishing and maintaining positive and professional working relationships with other project team members as well as external customers by placing high priority on team and organization goals.
• Remaining flexible on work requirements based on the changing needs of the customer.
• An active DoD SECRET Security Clearance is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution.
• 8 years of more related experience.
• Experience with U.S. Army processes and procedures.
• Experience with military tactical network hardware and software.
• Strong fundamental knowledge of:
o Network, computer, and electronics design.
o Operating systems (Windows 7, 10, Linux).
o Layers and interactions of the OSI model.
o Common routing protocols (OSPF, RIP, BGP, multicast).
• Experience installing and configuring routers, switches, and host devices.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word.
• Prior military communications experience at Company, Battalion, and/or Brigade level.
• Experience supporting past U.S. Army Network Integration Events (NIE) or similar military communications test events.
• Experience with current U.S. Army communications systems:
o Software defined radios (e.g. AN/PRC-155, AN/PRC-154A, AN/PRC-117G)
o Command and Control (e.g. WIN-T, BFT, tactical servers)
o Host devices (e.g. NettWarrior, AFATDS)
• Availability to travel to military bases for extended periods to support test events.
• Ability to work long hours in austere conditions with minimal support.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability