As part of the Corporate Procurement Organization, the Strategic Sourcing Team seeks a highly motivated candidate to fill the Strategic Sourcing Analyst position. This individual will report to the Corporate Procurement Manager, working under minimal supervision, and support the team’s goals to analyze and leverage enterprise spend, support the creation and implementation of strategic partnerships in support of market segment goals, lead large corporate sourcing initiatives, monitor acquisition trends, identify and capture areas for cost savings and avoidance, and manage strategic vendor relationships.
- Manage strategic, corporate-level vendor agreements in compliance with procurement rules and regulations. This support requires working directly with vendors and internal customers and spans all stages of the lifecycle, from customer relationship management through sourcing events, terms and conditions and pricing negotiation, and administration.
- Communicate new agreements/procurement solutions to internal stakeholders to assist with change management. This support includes the creation of agreement abstracts, summarizing pertinent agreement information for publication and use as reference by Procurement, Technical, and Financial personnel.
- Identify and analyze contractual risk elements, and work with relevant corporate functional areas (e.g., Legal, Accounting, Marketing, etc.) to develop negotiation plans, alternate solutions, and/or acceptance of risk by SAIC strategic decision makers and influencers.
- Support the development and execution of a comprehensive enterprise sourcing strategy for SAIC.
- Lead the rollout of corporate-level initiatives, facilitating the critical inputs of a broad range of subject matter experts, as part of cost savings and efficiency efforts.
- Manage, maintain, and analyze effectiveness of existing agreements/agreement portfolios, and mature spend categories. Support activities to optimize the portfolio of suppliers and then identify, capture and maintain preferred supplier relationships.
- Collect, model, analyze, and interpret enterprise spend data to identify actionable opportunities to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in the design, implementation and sustainment of reports on corporate-level spend data (e.g., spend by channel, spend by commodity, spend by originating organization).
- Prepare associated supporting procurement documentation (including price analyses) in accordance with corporate policies and procedures, maintain records using enterprise content management software.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Strategic Sourcing Team and the Corporate Procurement Organization, including creating and maintaining POs using the Deltek Costpoint ERP system if needed
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience.
- Experience negotiating large-scale strategic agreements with commercial vendors, for both services and materials.
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with executive management, legal counsel, and technical and functional points of contact in an articulate and professional manner.
- Experience working with information systems to extract and analyze spend data.
- Working knowledge of federal contracts and procurement rules, including FAR/DFAR regulations. Basic knowledge of Privacy and Cyber Security requirements and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and maintain productivity for several complex projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a dynamic team, solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and standard computer applications.
A cover letter must be submitted (along with a resume) in order to be considered for this position.
- Education: MBA or JD.
- Professional certification in Supply Management (CPSM) or Project Management (PMP).
- Experience in strategic planning, strategic sourcing, financial analysis, data mining, system design and analysis, project management.
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability